How To Make Your Day More Mindful
Can mindfulness make a difference in your life? In this episode of Woman Worriers, host Elizabeth Cush interviews author and mindfulness leadership coach Laurie J. Cameron about her new book, The Mindful Day: Practical Ways to Find Focus, Calm, and Joy from Morning to Evening.
Why are some people so adaptable and resilient while others don’t always bounce back from a challenge? Why do some people flourish and thrive while others accept limiting beliefs, anxiety or stress? Those are the questions that intrigued leadership coach Laurie J. Cameron when she started exploring mindfulness 20 years ago. In this episode of the Woman Worriers podcast, host Elizabeth Cush, of Progression Counseling in Annapolis, Md., talks with Cameron about her new book, The Mindful Day, about incorporating mindfulness practices that allow us to access joy amidst the chaos.
Listen and learn:
- How you can use your mind to develop skills to navigate life
- What new research into mindfulness shows about working with thoughts and emotions
- Why mindfulness is called a “practice”
- Whether biology truly is destiny — or whether we can offset our genetics
- How mindfulness frees us to be more resourceful, skillful and wise
- Why choosing our thoughts makes a difference
- How a simple change in the morning can improve how you start your day
- How the stories we tell ourselves affect our outlook
- Why the words we use in our self talk matter
- The difference between pleasant moments and deep happiness
- Why purpose in life is so important — and how to find yours
- How to stay connected to your purpose in your daily life
- How mindfulness shifts your mindset
- Why you can’t escape old patterns completely — and why you should try anyway
- The easy, three-breath practice that can help you when you’re faced with anxiety or stress
> The Mindful Day: Practical Ways to Find Focus, Calm, and Joy from Morning to Evening by Laurie J. Cameron
> Laurie Cameron’s website
> Laurie’s mindfulness blog
> Purpose Blue corporate mindfulness website
You can tune in and subscribe to auto-download new podcast episodes to your Apple or Android device on IHeartRadio, Podbean and on Stitcher. After you listen to a few episodes, please consider leaving an honest rating and review in iTunes and let me know how you think this podcast might benefit women.