Not feeling good about your body can cause a lot of anxiety in many aspects of your life. In this episode of Woman Worriers, host Elizabeth Cush talks with Maria Paredes, an eating disorder specialist, about finding ways to feel comfortable in your own skin.
“How could a body be wrong?” That’s the question at the heart of this episode of the Woman Worriers podcast. In a thought-provoking interview, host Elizabeth Cush, of Progression Counseling in Annapolis, Md., and her guest, Maria Paredes, a counselor and certified eating disorder specialist from Greensboro, N.C., talk about why so many women struggle with body image and how developing self-compassion and curiosity can help them heal.
Listen and learn:
- How our culture contributes to body shaming
- Who might feel body-related anxiety
- How women and men experience body image issues — and recovery — differently
- What types of anxiety are most common with body image issues
- What kinds of exercises help reduce the anxiety
- How reconnecting with your body can reduce behaviors, like overeating or restricting food, that are no longer helpful
- Why curiosity can be your best friend when you’re ready to make a change
> Maria Paredes, Three Birds Counseling & Clinical Supervision
> The Body Is Not An Apology: The Power of Radical Self Love by Sonya Renee Taylor
> Intuitive Eating: A Revolutionary Program That Works by Evelyn Tribole, MS, RD & Elyse Resch, MS, RD, FADA
> Aaron Flores, RDN, website
You can tune in and subscribe to auto-download new podcast episodes to your Apple or Android device on IHeartRadio and on Stitcher. After you listen to a few episodes, please consider leaving an honest rating and review in iTunes and let me know how you think this podcast might benefit women.