Hi, I’m Elizabeth!
I’m an Annapolis area therapist. I do individual and group therapy, working with people whose stress and anxiety overwhelm them and and they don't know where to start, finding it hard to ask for help.
How Counseling Can Help
If you feel like:
- Your life isn’t satisfying…
- You’re tired and stressed — because you’re constantly giving to others…
- You don’t have time to take care of yourself…
I want to help so that you can rebalance your life and live with more ease and contentment.
My goal is to help you learn to manage your stress and anxiety so that you can move forward feeling calm and confident. I support you as you examine the worries and fears that hold you back, as you explore your feelings with mindfulness and self-compassion, and as you reconnect with yourself and others.
I want you to rediscover your voice and your internal strength, so that you can live a more fulfilling life.
Why I'm A Therapist
I know from traveling my own path, and from helping others on their journey, that fear and worry can make it hard to reach out for help. I want to help you reconnect with yourself and progress toward your goals.
I believe that therapy, mindfulness, self-compassion and loving-kindness can help you to acknowledge your fears and quiet your inner critic—the voice that constantly judges and stops you from taking chances or making changes. That’s why I created Progression Counseling. If you want to know more about my counseling perspective, you can check out Elizabeth's Blog here.
I believe you deserve to heal the life experiences that have caused you to feel stressed, fearful of change, and full of self- doubt or self-judgment. I want to help regain the life you want to live.
I believe that you have the courage and ability to progress through this journey of self-awareness and healing, and to find and move towards the person you long to be. That’s why I hope you will call or email me for a free consultation today!
Still have some questions? Check out my FAQs page.
More About Me
Office in Annapolis, MD
Where You can find me
- Featured guest on the Women In Depth podcast episode, Women and Anxiety, 2017
- Guest Blog for Psych Central column, Happily Imperfect- Embracing Your Imperfections Can Reduce Stress and Anxiety
- Elizabeth's Blog
Degrees and Certifications:
- Maryland State Licensed Graduate Professional Counselor — LC7837
- Master of Arts Counseling Psychology —Towson University 2014
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional (CCTP) — 2016
- Crisis Counselor - Anne Arundel Medical Center —2007-2017
- Therapist Intern - Mosaic Community Services — 2013-2014
Professional Association Affiliations:
- American Counseling Association member since 2012
- Maryland Counseling Association member since 2013
- International Association of Trauma Therapists member since 2016
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselors of Maryland member since 2016